Bye STI with extra to catch the eye
Subaru has triggered the farewell to current generation All-Wheel Drive WRX STI, with a final special edition packed with eye-catching extra kit.
Just 75 of the WRX STI EJ25 Final Edition models will be sold, each individually numbered.
30 will be available for sale online at www.subaru.com.au, with the balance through the 24-strong STI network nationally.
EJ25 refers to the code of the current WRX STI 2.5-litre turbocharged engine – the last in line ahead of an all-new powerplant for the next generation. The EJ25 debuted in 2005, in the Model Year 2006 WRX STI.
The WRX STI EJ25 Final Edition adds to WRX STI spec.R AWD specification:
- EJ25 Final Edition numbered internal badge
- EJ25 Final Edition rear exterior badge
- EJ25 Final Edition plate in the engine bay
- 19” BBS forged aluminium wheels (gold)
- Silver Brembo brake calipers with STI logo
- RECARO sports bucket front seats with silver highlights
- Ultrasuede® steering wheel
- Red STI push-start button
- Silver seat belts
- Silver interior stitching
- Carbon fibre look instrument panel decoration
- Front grille with pinstripe
- Black door mirror covers and shark fin antenna
- Black front fender insert with STI logo
- Black rear WRX badge
- WR Blue Pearl (50 units)
- Crystal White Pearl (15 units)
- Crystal Black Silica (10 units)
For an additional $1,000 donation to the Australian Road Safety Foundation, which is supported by Subaru Australia, online buyers will have the option of an individualised delivery experience, in which Subaru rally aces Molly Taylor, Cody Crocker, Mark Stacey or Dean Herridge can hand-over the vehicle at their home or office location. The choice of rally legend will be determined by the customer’s location, with city and state taken into consideration.
Subaru Australia General Manager, Blair Read, said: “We’re getting towards the last in line for fourth gen STI, which has served us so well since launch in 2014.
“It’s the car that underpinned Molly Taylor’s 2016 win in the Australian Rally Championship, which is an indication of its fantastic credentials as a capable performance car.
“This final edition pays tribute to an engine and chassis combo that have earned their stripes in both competition and on road as an adrenaline-pumping, fun drive.